Texas Legislature passed HB 2038 which Governor Perry signed into law during the summer 2011. HB 2038 mandates that each school district have a concussion oversight team which designs and implements the protocol for the diagnosis, treatment, and return to play of any student athlete who sustains a concussion. The concussion oversight team for Haskell CIDS that designed the protocol listed later on this page is comprised of: Shannon E. Cook MD, David M Stark MD, Derel T Padon MD, Elliot R. Vann MD, Paul W. Watts DO, Randy Harrimen Outreach Coordinator, and Christian Aviles CAT.
Please Click on links below to access information:
- HB 2038
- Texas Education Code Section 38.158
- Texas Education Code Section 38.159
- UIL Implementation Guide with exercise progressions for once the student athlete is released back to activity.
- NFHS Suggested Guidelines for Management of Concussion in Sports
- Haskell CISD Current Symptoms and Conditions Checklist
- Haskell CISD Concussion Management Protocol
- Haskell CISD Concussion Oversight Team
- UIL Concussion Management Protocol Return to Play Form
For more information on concussions the center for disease control has an excellent informational website (http://www.cdc.gov/Concussion). If you have any questions about concussions, the Haskell CISD Concussion Management Protocol, or if you think your son or daughter may have a concussion please do not hesitate to contact Haskell CISD.
Haskell Athletics Office
Haskell High School
Haskell Junior High School